Conversion of large Hypercard Stack to Revolution

Paul Looney support at ahsomme.com
Sun Aug 15 14:54:13 EDT 2010

Yes, Mark,
"wait 0 secs with messages" is better.
The "NULL Hypothesis" is a bit strange but we have encountered many
problems (data disappearing, sorts not working right, filters
filtering too much) all of which were fixed by striping NULLs from
the data before performing the action. Now it is always one of the
first things we do.
I was suggesting removing the NULLs either from each record as it is
imported to the text file - or removing the NULLs from the text file
before using it with Rev. I agree that it would be a bad idea to
removed NULLs from the HC stack directly. Sorry I didn't make that
clearer.
Paul Looney