Dividing Line in Button

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 12 06:51:47 EDT 2010

Recently, Dan Friedman wrote:

> You can add a dividing line in a option menu (a button who's menuMode is set
> to "option") on the Mac by simply putting a "-" into a line in the button's
> text.  How do you get a dividing line on Windows?  All I get is the dash.

Maybe this is could be a goofy workaround/hack/etc: use 2 buttons, an option
button with no contents, and a popup menu button that contains all your
options and dividing lines.  Then in the option button:

on mouseDown
 popup btn "myPopupMenu" at bottomLeft of me
end mouseDown

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director