Tab char doesn't work

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 18:38:16 EDT 2010

'tab' is a keyword, but not a command , 'return' is a command in a
function and will be a different color

'space' and 'tab' should be the same color, just as 'comma'.

Try the simple 'replace tab with space in var
------
get the clipboardData["text"]
replace tab with space in IT
set the clipboardData["text"] to IT
------
        since replaceText is expecting a regEx string.
I think you need to escape the tab char for the string to work

On Aug 7, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Bill Vlahos wrote:

> I want to intercept a paste command to replace any tabs or returns
> in it with spaces so they don't get pasted into a table object. The
> script below works for returns but not tabs. Notice that color of
> the word tab is not even the same as the color of the word return.
> It is like the tab character isn't being recognized.
>
> on pasteKey -- replace returns and tabs with spaces before pasting
> for attachments description (actually any table)
>   if word 2 of the target begins with "revCell-" then
>      set the clipboardData["text"] to replaceText(the
> clipboardData["text"],return,space)
>      set the clipboardData["text"] to replaceText(the
> clipboardData["text"],tab,space)
>   end if
>   paste
> end pasteKey