revVideoGrabber: stop preview doesn't hide video window

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Aug 7 12:52:41 EDT 2010

It depends of what you define as 'long'.  I was transferring entire 8mm
tapes at SD DV resolution - 2 hrs - and generating up to 24g files.  I would
get sync issues as big as 10 seconds sometimes. Other times not.

Videograbber could be extremely useful for archiving. Video transfer and
database integrated into one app. An archivist's dream.

The audio issues are puzzling, and indicate an external sort of half-baked.
I suspect that these issues are related to the ambiguity of the audio for
videograbber, especially when the audio panel is used, which seems to make
things worse.

Doesn't anybody test these things before release?