A real problem with Prefs!!

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Mon Aug 2 20:55:19 EDT 2010

I successful finished testing my app within the IDE. I created a standalone
and then launched it on Windows XP. I got the following error message from
the Bug Report as an email:

Object: stack 'C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/MyProduct/S504.rev'
Line Num: 65
Hint: loadPrefs

I dismissed the error report. I went ahead and ran my program. I opened the
prefs and created a pref file. The next time I launched my program, I did
not get the error report above. So, apparently the program is looking for a
nonexistent Prefs file and when it doesn't find it I get the error report.

Here is my stack script:

on preOpenStack
   loadPrefs
end preOpenStack

on loadPrefs pFilename
   local tPrefs
   --   put url ("binfile:" & pFilename) into tPrefs
   IF the platform is "win32"
   then
      put url ("binfile:" & specialFolderPath(26) & "/" & "504_prefs") into
tPrefs
   end if

   put arrayDecode(tPrefs) into tPrefs

   put tPrefs["school"] into field "mySchool" of card id 1002 of stack
"prefs"
   put tPrefs["school"] into field "school" of card "referral" of stack
"S504"
   put tPrefs["school"] into field "site" of card "adult" of stack "S504"

   put tPrefs["contact"] into field "contact" of card id 1002 of stack
"prefs"
   put tPrefs["contact"] into field "contact" of card "letter" of stack
"S504"
   put tPrefs["contact"] into field "contact" of card "adult letter" of
stack "S504"

end loadPrefs

I thought that the code:
put url ("binfile:" & specialFolderPath(26) & "/" & "504_prefs") into tPrefs

created a folder named 504_Prefs

What am I missing here?