[OT] GameOver Mr. Jobs

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:37:36 EDT 2010

  On 29/04/2010 20:33, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Of course cross platform tools increase the lag of uptake on new technology, and they always look awkward (yes, Rev does look awkward on all platforms). But then, they allow developers to produce one product, and get it to customers on several platforms,

I will always be grateful to RunRev (despite what I have written about
its second-class Linux offering)
for allowing me to develop a Mac/Win tool for Sanskrit input; it took an
awful lot of blood, sweat and tears,
and the thought of having to do that twice (i.e. once for Mac and once
for Win) gives me the shudders.

A while back (1999) I developed something with Hypercard for Mac and
then the whole thing all over again
for Windows using Toolbook . . . . . . never again he cries, ripping off
his leopardskin and lolloping off into the
jungle to wrestles with a bear.

However, it would have been lovely to have managed it for Linux as well
. . .  :)