Apples actual response to the Flash issue

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:32:01 EDT 2010

  "If developers grow dependent on third party development libraries and
tools,
they can only take advantage of platform enhancements if and when the third
party chooses to adopt the new features."

That, my friends, could apply to RunRev as well as all the other
"third party development libraries and tools", which makes me
wonder how long it is until Apple, despite recent protestations,
starts drawing lines in the sand and getting "all restrictive"
with stuff built for Mac; maybe even building detection routines
into their OS to picl up on stuff no developed with their
developer tools?

Unfortunately, I have grown "dependent on third party development
libraries and tools",
i.e. RunRev (and I do not regret it for one moment), so I am praying
like Billy-Oh that this
does not happen.

Just in case it does, it would behoove RunRev to pay more attention to
one OS that
does not go in for restrictive practises: Linux . . . :)