Debian, Sidux, Ubuntu, reference distributions for Rev

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Apr 15 19:12:26 EDT 2010

I have to weigh in here. We have a turnkey system for our locks and keys at our facility, called CyberAuditWeb which runs on a CentOS system. Recently the database went caddywonkers on us, and subsequent days later with tech support had us reinstalling the entire OS again, and the lock and key software on top of that. My point is that the tech guy told us we should NOT upgrade the OS because the lock and key software was written for a certain build of a certain Linux distro. Really? Really. That is all I need to know, to know I will never intentionally use Linux for anything serious. Flame on if you will, but if upgrading an OS can whack a database so bad I have to wipe and reinstall, then all bets are off.

Bob