Replace command

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:34:08 EDT 2010

Right, "replace" is the thing to use for a global replace task, but if
you are doing a more sophisticated search/replace -- checking context
of various matches and narrowing the search further -- the multiple
offsets function is quite useful. Also, I need on occasion to find the
*last* occurrence of a string in a container, and "item -1 of
offsets(tString,tContainer)" is great for this.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig