{OT] I went for awalk this morning.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:39:24 EDT 2009

Andre Garzia wrote:
> Richmond,
> real reasons are the CPU is better (yes, I too like ppc better than x86 but
> G4 is a tad old) and also a better graphics card.
>
> Soon, your G4 machine will be phased out of support from apple, you're
> already not able to run snow leopard, if you don't upgrade soon, you will be
> stuck frozen with the latest ppc releases and will have no where to run.
>
> For a lone user this might not be a problem but for one doing development
> this is because your users will want to know if such and such runs on intel
> machines and you might want to implement features not available in your ppc
> mac os x.
>
> I keep a G4 here for testing but I also have an intel machine.
>
> Although since, I am able to predict the future by looking at strange foamy
> patterns in my now empty glass of ovomaltine,
It took me a minute to realise that "Ovomaltine" is what is marketed in
Britain
as "Ovaltine":

http://www.ovomaltine.com/

Just thinking about the smell of the stuff makes me feel dusgusted:
chacun a son gout
(sorry, Francophones, but when I tried a grave and a circonflex
everything went into
Cyrillic), or, as my Granny used to say; "Tastes differ, as the old
woman said when
she kissed the cow."

I am just sitting down with my 5th half-litre of good, strong, black
coffee as it is already
5.30 pm here in Bulgaria.

> I say: "hold your hands!",
I think "Hold your horses" is more idiomatic . . .  :)
> think a apple product line refresh will happen shortly and that it might
> drive down the price of entry level machines.

I really ought to plough on with my Sanskrit typewriter and then I might be
able to pay for a 'pinchless' computer. Frankly, feeling fairly frazzled
as most
of the work on Beta 2 is incredibly mundane and repetitive with no obvious
way to automate things. I have to get on though, as will not allow myself an
'elastic-sided' GANTT chart.