{OT] I went for awalk this morning.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Sep 30 10:03:13 EDT 2009

Richmond,
real reasons are the CPU is better (yes, I too like ppc better than x86 but
G4 is a tad old) and also a better graphics card.

Soon, your G4 machine will be phased out of support from apple, you're
already not able to run snow leopard, if you don't upgrade soon, you will be
stuck frozen with the latest ppc releases and will have no where to run.

For a lone user this might not be a problem but for one doing development
this is because your users will want to know if such and such runs on intel
machines and you might want to implement features not available in your ppc
mac os x.

I keep a G4 here for testing but I also have an intel machine.

Although since, I am able to predict the future by looking at strange foamy
patterns in my now empty glass of ovomaltine, I say: "hold your hands!", I
think a apple product line refresh will happen shortly and that it might
drive down the price of entry level machines.

Cheers
andre