How to create a background process

Josep jmyepes at mac.com
Sat Sep 26 18:35:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I experimented with the send in time command.
I need to program some tasks to run at fixed time and days. Like schedule
a task for a backup for example.
How can control this? Any experience?
And how lunch these task in the way that don't stop or delay the
app and/or system?

My idea is to program the time that the task must
be run. When the app is lunched I check thr task for day and
"send in time" the task.
The task will be executed by a standalone stack.
The task are backups and calculate grand totals.

By other way a lunch speak messages to the user, but if one message is
runnig
and one second message start, the first is stoped.
How wait until the revspeak finish before start the next?
I tryed from a custom message and using wait for message but doesn't work.

Thoughts?

Salut,
Josep