Challenge: to do something like this in a revlet.

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Thu Sep 24 13:36:43 EDT 2009

On Sep 24, 2009, at 1:19 PM, François Chaplais wrote:

> My second son (age 18) is a student in graphic communication. He is
> NOT a programmer. He is naturally aware of Flash and I have bought
> some books about Flash and ActionScript. The result is that he just
> cannot get it. It is too complicated (and, seemingly, too much
> timeline oriented).

The majority of Flash "programmers" don't use the timeline at all. A
lot of designers who script in Flash may well use the timeline more.

In comparing Flash and Rev, you would want to think about a specific
task, then it's easy to show how it might be done in one tool versus
the other. Trying to explain the entire difference in philosophy is a
bit harder.