Renewing Revolution licence

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Sep 24 09:43:37 EDT 2009

On 24.09.09 at 15:06 +0200 Francis Nugent Dixon apparently wrote:
>Hi from Paris,
>
>I bought rev 3.0 some time ago. I have just received
>a mail informing me that my licence will expire in
>a few days. What does this mean ? Do I have to pay
>for an upgrade to 3.5, or do I get it free (if I
>download it within the next few days). Why are there
>two different prices for Rev Studio ? I see 165 euros
>(see Store Front page) and also 249 euros (see
>Comparison Page). Don't understand !!
>
>-Francis

That message is a tad of misleading. What is really expiring is the
active status of your license.

While the license is active, you can fetch any newer version (you
don't have to actually use it if you don't want to) and you can get
an extension of your license cheaper.

Once your license expires, you can't get any version that is released
after the day of expiration of your license and it costs you more to
get a new active license (although I think it is still cheaper than a
new license -- I haven't been keeping up with price changes).

What does NOT expire is your ability to continue using whatever
version you got for as long as you want under the terms of your
now-expired licence.

Robert