A Quick Flash

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:19:26 EDT 2009

Mark Stuart wrote:
> Written by Richmond Mathewson on Tue Sep 22, 2009 - 05:09 AM CDT
>
> "Everybody likes a flasher."
> [only works in RunRev 4 and "upwards"]
> a pain in the bum is that, so far, the COLOROVERLAY stuff
> is not properly documented: so pop my script into a button
> and muck about with the parameters.
> very effective!
> <<<
>
> Hey Richmond, check the latest revUp Issue 78, article 2: Advanced
> Multimedia with Rev 4.0.
> There's not only a video from Ben on this, but also further down in the
> article is a script which shows the setting of the "Graphic Effect"
> properties.
> That may help you to lesson the pain in your bum.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mark Stuart

While I appreciate your concern about the state of my
bum please refer to this:

http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2009-September/127971.html

I am well aware of the wonderful presentation by
Ben Beaumont and have the stack from his presentation
in a fairly accessible place on my computer.

What I WAS pointing out, was not MY lack of knowledge re
jazzy new optical effects (of which I heartily approve), but
that they have not yet been documented in the inbuilt
documentation,so they are not readily available to
everybody without taking Ben's stack to pieces, which,
while being most instructive, may not be as easy to
understand as full doucmentation.