Datagrid: speed question related to how it is working under the hood?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 21 09:32:53 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 8:37 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> *The questions:*
> If I uses "set the dgDataOfIndex" to update the display of an
> individual
> datagrid form record, does the underlying library only update the
> display
> associated with this one record, or does the library redraw all the
> currently displayed records?
> Would I be any better off speed wise directly setting the images /
> metadata
> of records using over using built in datagrid api calls?

The data grid will only redraw the row you altered. If the row isn't
visible on screen then an offscreen control is created in order to
determine the new height of the row but that is it.

Keep in mind that if you don't use the data grid apis the height of
the row can't be updated and your scrolling will be off.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems