[SOT] Haiku ???

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Sep 17 14:13:04 EDT 2009

> the BeOS IP passed from hand to hand and now is owned by
> Access (who brought it from palm) (whoever they are).

I think it might be this: http://www.access-company.com/. They were a Linux
focused company in Japan that went on a pretty big shopping spree and are
very, very focused on the Japanese mobile market - see here for their
relationship with Palm -
http://www.accessdevnet.com/index.php/Latest/News2.html

> BeOS was Great! I used it a lot, now, as soon as Haiku
> becomes a little more stable, it will become my own desktop
> os here for most of my computers, except my macs... if Rev
> ever run in Haiku, then, I will reach nerd rapture,
> singularity, or nirvana...

Im going to check it out too. I don't see it really going any place unless
they can make it mind numbingly easy to install and use and there are good
enough applications. That's something that eluded Be. A couple of pretty
good shareware type apps came out for BeOS that had the makings of something
substantial.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President