[OT] Recover Files From OS X User Account

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Sep 12 20:29:21 EDT 2009

Thanks to all the folks who chimed in about recovering user-account files on
OS X.  Enabling the root user was indeed the solution that allowed me to
access the user files -- while I haven't gone through all of them to see if
any damage was done, they all were recovered without issue, and the drive
reformatted.

Annoyingly, the whole mess was initiated by a standard system update from
Apple which, in the years of running their updates, has never caused an
issue.  Guess it was bound to happen.

Make backups of your stuff!

Regards,

Scott Rossi