Scripting approach for a splittable window?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed Sep 9 12:24:16 EDT 2009

Hi David,

I guess not too many Revers are heavily into drawing applications.

Several months ago I started to do pretty much what you're describing,
but got discouraged because I knew I had already done "something"
similar to it years ago using FutureBasic, and it wasn't nearly as
difficult. More direct. It was the drawing tools that gave me the most
problems. Instead of using "panes", if I remember correctly, I had the
master (whole) drawing off-screen, but had trouble efficiently moving
around the drawing with scrolling, panning or zooming. Basically, I
wanted to duplicate MacDraft in Rev, so I could give it features MD
doesn't have and probably never will. Unless you have a very large
monitor, as I do, dividing it into 4 panes seems to be not very
useful, since it would be, perhaps, more useful to merely be able to
zoom or pan portions of the master-page to the full screen.

Good luck. I look forward to your progress.

Joe Wilkins