How do I save changes to fields and scripts in Standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Oct 29 19:31:52 EDT 2009

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:

> Been a while, I guess. I went back to the few times I worked on this and,
> yes, I used separate stacks that were attached to the "main" stack, but not
> in the stack file.

Well...define "attached". :) To me, that sounds like substacks, which
are an integral part of the stackfile. Separate independent stacks
aren't attached, they're free agents in their own files.

Like Richard, I never use the Standalone Builder option that decouples
substacks. I create independent stacks from the beginning when I know my
app will have to save data to them. I find it much easier to keep the
satellite stacks separate during development so that I can ensure my
file path calculations work, and that the stacks open correctly. I tend
to embed substacks only for things like dialogs, tool palettes, and
other application pieces that will never change.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com