OT -- AppleScript Help

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:52:10 EDT 2009

> It does not affect anything: result is the same with or without "tell" on a
> folder selection
>
> alias "Varuna:Ekadanta Kulam:Database:EMBs:733:"
>
> then an attempt
>
> tell application "Finder"
>  open alias "Varuna:Ekadanta Kulam:Database:EMBs:733:"
> end tell
>
> fails: result: "missing value"

Does it work if you use a local folder?
And what about a different folder on the shared volume?

Can you try working down the file path, so try opening "Varuna:" and
if that works then "Varuna:Ekadanta Kulam:" and so on....

In Finder, if you use the Go menu to show Computer, do you see a hard
drive called "Varuna" or is it anything different?

Are there any accented characters in the folder path?

Sorry, no solution, but maybe we can find some more clues.

Cheers,
Sarah