RevMedia Woes

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:57:27 EDT 2009

Hello all,
I enrolled in the RevMedia alpha program several days ago and after
doing a few simple things, I started to see what it would really do...
After building a nice little stack that retrieves text files from my
server, displaying them in an edit box, everything was going fine. I
added a couple of buttons to increase/decrease the font sizes and it
was all working great.

I then asked a friend to install the plugin and give it a try for me.
Unfortunately, it wouldn't work in either IE (crashed it) or Firefox
for him, yet it still worked flawlessly from my end.

After additional testing I found that it would crash IE, only if
running from the web server, yet it would play the same stack from the
containing folder on my hard-drive without the crash. After reading
Kevin's post about the fresh updates yesterday, I re-installed the
newest plugin as well as the new version of RevMedia, rebuilt the app
and re-deployed to the server. It will no longer run from *any* of my
browsers whether from the remote server or from my local drive.

It crashes IE every time and here is the message that is displayed in Firefox:

"There was an error loading the revlet - error processing revlet"

Strangely enough, all of the samples at the RevMedia page still work
in both browsers.

Any ideas?

-David Coker-

BTW, kudos to Rev for this! Once all of the bugs are worked out, it's
gonna be awesome, awesome, awesome!
.....did I mention that it will be awesome? :-)