revEnterprise dp-5 / revMedia beta / revWeb beta

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Oct 28 20:07:34 EDT 2009

Richard Miller wrote:
> So at the moment, anyway, it's no longer possible to open a second
> stack in a new window (in RevMedia) above the browser window. Meaning,
> if one is in the primary stack and issues the command, "go cd 1 of
> stack x", nothing happens. In the alpha version, it would open a new
> window.
>
> From what I've read, I gather it WILL be possible to navigate from the
> initial stack to a different stack, but only within the same browser
> window. It will NOT be possible to open a stack/window above the
> browser (other than answer/ask).

Confirmed here...

A simple call to open a substack fails completely in  revlet. I'm
definintely using the latest revWebPlayer and I  rebuilt my revlet under
dp-5...

on mouseup

open wd "Table of Contents
       or
open stack "Table of Contents

end mouseup

[I have not tried toplevel or palette, but will right now...]

in dp 4 it would open behind the browser and we were all expecting this
version to allow to open it on top of the browser.

We will  be very surprised if substacks are not allowed...