Is there a single source for plugin- and revlet-related information?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 28 17:59:46 EDT 2009

Tereza Snyder wrote:
> I've finally started to work with the plug-in and revlets, and find that
> I don't recall much of the discussion that happened shortly after the
> alpha release. My list-archive searches aren't filling the gaps very well.
>
> Surely there's a document somewhere?

Not a comprehensive one, I don't think. The best overview was on the web
site, but I can't find it now. :(

> My highest-priority question is: How to de-install the plugin for
> various browsers and platforms, which must be done for testing purposes,

For OS X, look in ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins/ and delete the two plugin
files "wkrevweb.webplugin" and "nprevweb.bundle". Then restart your
browser. Not sure where they are on Windows or Linux.

> along with resetting the 'always allow' permissions on an installed plugin.

Again, not sure about other platforms, but on OS X look in:

  ~/Library/Preferences/RunRev/revWebPlayer/Stack Permissions

There's a lot of cryptically named files in there. They store the
permissions. I guess you'd have to go by modification date to figure out
which one's which. If you delete the file, the permissions go away.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com