Container for Multiple Choice Quizes

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 27 13:33:56 EDT 2009

I'm trying to wrap my head around the "container" for a multiple choice
question quizes.

And individual quiz will run inside a revlet eventually. We can them
successively from the web server.

 The GUI will have sounds and images when users make selections etc.
That's the easy part... the back end is still eluding me...

XML files could work, but I would rather use a dBase, but, then I'm not
sure how I can push it into an array (not having yet familiarized myself
on the multi-dimensional arrays yet.)

If anyone has insights please "fire away."  Here are the elements:

1) Category of Quiz  e.g. Biology -- comprising many quizes
          2) Verbiage for the category of quizes: e.g. some introductory
or descriptive text
3) Title of Quiz e.g. "Let's Study Mammals" -- comprising title for a
single quiz containing 2 or more questions with answers.
          4) Verbiage for a specific Quiz: e.g. some explanatory text
related to a specific quiz
5) Question: e.g. "Which of these are not mammals?" -- being the single
question "parent" of 4 answers
          6) Verbiage related to a specific question
7) Four answers (ever more, never less) e.g.
         Trout
         Goat
         Cow
         Peacock
8)  Boolean Property for each answer in relation to the question e.g.
         Trout is False
         Goat is True
         Cow is True
         Peacock is False

That's it.... OK, so, yes, I could build an XML file for each individual
quizes, keep these in a folders named for the category of quiz, one XML
file per quiz  and Revolution could easily ingest this, apply it to
button states etc.

but

I *think* I could also wrap my head around created a relational data
base to contain all these elements as well, which is probably a better idea.

But, then, whether I use XML or a dBase, what I don't yet know how to do
is pull a single question and answer with all the above elements into a
single array... is it even possible? What would the array look like?
Before I run off to search the docs for how to use Multi-dimensional
arrays any input from all you wizards will be appreciated, especially
the dBase design experienced. And if anyone knows of tutorials or
specific places I can go to to study up RunRev's new arrays, please
point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Sivakatirswami