Dispatch-Sending keyDown

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 06:19:40 EDT 2009

One of the key differences between 'send' and 'dispatch' (other than the 'with' extension to more easily pass paramaters), is that 'dispatch' won't throw an error if the message isn't handled.

So in fact, when you use
##
dispatch "foo" to this stack with "bar"
##

It internally works more like
##
try
  put "bar" into theParam
  send "foo theParam" to this stack
catch theError
  -- ignore the error but set the result to "unhandled"
end try
##

I hope this clarified it somewhat.

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====