urlstatus question

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:08:35 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I am downloading a file from the web to my HD using
libURLDownloadToFile. I copied the scripts in Rev's user guide which
also says:

"As the URLStatus changes periodically throughout the download
process, the button's
showStatus handler is executed repeatedly. Each time a showStatus
message is sent, the
handler places the new status in a field. The user can check this
field at any time during
the file transfer to see whether the download has started, how much of
the file has been
transferred, and whether there has been an error. "

This sounds like the showstatus message is sent without any further
coding from me but I am not getting any intermediate messages, simply
'downloaded' at the end of the download. I've tried 'sending' and
'repeating' but I'm missing something.

My script (basically copied from the guide)

on mouseUp
   put specialFolderPath("desktop")&"/newfile.zip" into newfile
   set the fileType to "????zip "
   --set the fileType to "ddskdevi"
    libURLDownloadToFile myfile,newfile,"showStatus"
end mouseUp

on showStatus theURL
   put the URLStatus of theURL into field "status"
end showStatus

Thanks,
Ron