DataGrid Question

Chris Wood chris_wood at gmx.com
Mon Oct 26 21:45:51 EDT 2009

Charles,

Perhaps this is not the best way to do it but it works. In this example
there is an existing table style DataGrid with 4 columns named First, Last
DOB & Age.

<code>

   --Get existing number of lines
   put the dgNumberOfLines of group "DataGrid 1"  into theLineNo
   put theLineNo + 1 into theLineNo

   --Create empty array to act as new record
   put "" into theNewRecord[theLineNo]["First"]
   put "" into theNewRecord[theLineNo]["Last"]
   put "" into theNewRecord[theLineNo]["DOB"]
   put "" into theNewRecord[theLineNo]["Age"]

   --load existing DataGrid into array
   put the dgdata of group "DataGrid 1" into theDataGridData

   --Merge the 2 arrays
   union theNewRecord with theDataGridData

   --Load the merged data into the datagrid
   set the dgdata of  group "DataGrid 1" to theNewRecord

   --Get the current sort order
   --This will allow us to discover if the new record will appear in the
first or last row
   put the dgProp["sort by column"] of group "DataGrid 1" into
curSortedColumn

   put the dgColumnSortDirection[curSortedColumn] of group "DataGrid 1" into
curSortOrder

   if curSortOrder = "ascending" then
      put 1 into theLineNo
   end if

   --Select the first cell for editing
   put "First" into theColumn
   send "EditCell theColumn, theLineNo" to group "dataGrid 1"
</code>

This hasn't been tested much and then only in a table style grid on OS X
10.5, so if anybody can suggest how to improve this code or more
efficientway to do this then I'd be grateful to hear from you.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p26054785/Datagrid%2Btest.rev.zip
Datagrid+test.rev.zip

Best Regards

Chris