Nice article series in NetWorkWorld

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 23:23:10 EDT 2009

Funny perturbation effect... once Colin's comment is added to the web
page, his script no longer works.. why?

Because his script posting becomes the first 'hit' in the offset()
function, which does not contain the captcha string of words

He needs to change the posted script to something so that *his* "what
is the" is not found, such as:

put URL "http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/46237" into t
delete character 1 to offset("what is" && "the",t)+11 of t
put word 1 of t into whichword
set the itemDelimiter to quote
do "answer" && whichword && "word of" && quote & item 2 of t & quote

Of course, now his comment is there you need to make a further
modification to get it to work,
so we can concatenate the preceding character in the html.

put URL "http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/46237" into t
get offset(">" & "what is the",t)  -- this avoids the hit on Colin's
comment
delete character 1 to (IT+11) of t
put word 1 of t into whichword
set the itemDelimiter to quote
do "answer" && whichword && "word of" && quote & item 2 of t & quote

Jim Ault
Las Vegas