SEND IN TIMe

Terry Dennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Tue Oct 20 19:33:56 EDT 2009

OK, I've finally had my fill of this glitch.  I haven't been able to figure
out what causes it, so I will describe the process here and see if anybody
else can figure out a work-around, or agrees that it's a bug.

"SEND message TO ME IN nnn SECONDS" works fine as long as there is nothing
else happening in my PC at the time.  I've had it run for entire weekends
with no problems.  The interval is set to 7 Minutes.

However, during weekdays when I am doing some other activity, it
occasionally hiccups.  It happens several  times during the day -- where
"several" can be as many as a dozen, depending on how busy I am.  I
frequently have multiple non-Rev windows open performing several different
tasks, some of which are CPU intensive.  That's when my Rev application
doesn't re-trigger itself.  At least it doesn't appear to.

It appears that the message is not sent -- or not received?  Maybe the
message is triggered only if Rev gets control during the EXACT second
(tick?) that it's supposed to be sent, and Rev doesn't get control until
AFTER that second?  There is nothing in the message handler that checks for
the time it is received.  It just takes the message and does its thing.

Any thoughts?