Datagrid: applying a textStyle to a single column in a table?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 16 09:08:03 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Terry Judd wrote:

> Is it possible to apply a unique textstyle to a single column in a
> datagrid
> table without having to muck around with row templates? I'm just
> looking to
> set the textStyle of one column to link and don't even need to set the
> linkdata.

You don't have to muck around with row templates if you don't want to.
You can get away with customizing the script that renders data to
columns. Here is a lesson that shows how to do this:

How Do I Override the Default Behavior For Rendering Data to a Cell?: <http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/datagrid/lessons/4202-How-Do-I-Override-the-Default-Behavior-For-Rendering-Data-to-a-Cell-

The step "Example: Truncate Tail" shows how you could do what you
want. Just set the textStyle property for that one particular column.

on FillInData pDataArrayA
     switch the dgColumn of me
         case "COL WITH TEXT STYLE"
                 set the textStyle of me to "link"