Opening a GLX stack in IDE

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Oct 11 15:20:33 EDT 2009

After watching the  first session of  the course 'Professional Application
Development with Revolution'  by Trevor Devor I have been inspired to
Give the GLX application Framwork a try.

I used the framework to create a new application but I run into trouble
when I quit working on the application and then re open it.  I get an error
when I try to open the glxApplicationProperties plugin.
It is an execution error something like
'function error in function handler near glxapp_getProp("framework version")'

It looks like the error is due to the fact that the stack called
glxapp_framework.dat is not opened.  I am trying this on a Mac
and that stack will not open in revolution when I double click
on it.

If I make this stack open in Rev with 'open with...' from the Finder.
I get a different error.

Type	Chunk: can't find stack
Object	glxApplicationFramework
Line	return the long id of group "ApplicationObject" of stack "application"
Hint	stack "/Developer/GLXTest2/contents/glxapp_framework.dat"

What stacks do I have to have open to work on an application in the
GLX application framework?

Is there a reason the glxapp_framework.dat does not open in Rev
automatically by double clicking on it?   All the other stacks that
the glxApplicationProperties creates do open in Rev.

I am probably missing some basic step.

Martin