set the textStyle not to bold

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Sun Oct 11 08:51:17 EDT 2009

I think I have found an elegant solution. My brother had an excellent
idea to do something with another field behind my field. So I made a
second field "B" (same size) behind my original fld "A".  The
topfield "A" has the blendLevel set to 15. I made a script which
mirrors everything I type or delete in fld "A" in fld "B". So the two
flds always have the same content. (I still have to mirror the
textStyles). Now to mark a piece of text, I set the backColor of
fld"B" to black. It shines thru a bit because of the blendlevel of 15
of fld "A". Now I can still select pieces of text in fld "A" and see
what I have selected. And I can see which parts of the text have been
'marked'. It works fine, even with parts that overlap marked and
selected text.

Thanks for all the ideas,

Beat