Applying the concept of Images libraries (vector and bitmaps )

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 8 22:29:36 EDT 2009

capellan wrote:

> Recently, i have been advising some fellow teachers about
> using revMedia to create educational content.
>
> One of the most frequent request that i found, is the
> possibility of reusing images (vector and bitmaps) across
> different stacks and reusing the same images in the one
> stack with variations in size, ink effects, inside groups, etc,
> without including the same images several times, to achieve
> the desired effect.
>
> Notice that Graphics software, like Adobe Ilustrator, Flash
> and Xara have implemented this concept:
> http://www.jnack.com/adobe/flash/symbols.html
>
> How could we implement this concept with our stacks,
> so there is not need to import the same bitmaps or
> vector graphics to apply different effects or dimensions
> in different cards?

Everything is smoke and mirrors with software.  When Illustrator makes a
"symbol" it's still a copy, but maintains a reference to some source
object from which its properties are derived.

With Rev, we have:

    set the properties of <obj> to the properties of <obj>

You can also modify the properties array - for example, this will assign
the properties of one button to those of anothe but allow the
destination object to keep its own name, label, and rect:

on mouseUp
   put the properties of btn "aaa" into tObjA
   delete var tObjA["label"]
   delete var tObjA["name"]
   delete var tObjA["rect"]
   set the properties of btn "bbb" to tObjA
end mouseUp

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World