set the textStyle not to bold

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Tue Oct 6 13:26:21 EDT 2009

I don't think my answer made it to the list, so I try again .

Thanks Richard &  Bj?rnke,

Richard wrote :

 >You can use an anchor tag with no href and it will not show as
 >underlined, but can store arbitrary textual data in the anchor tag's
 >"name" attribute.

 >This allows you to use anchor tags to stash info for specific runs of
 >text without altering the appearance of that text.

Thanks Richard, this is really a nice way to do this.
I can use this for associating the position of the start- and end
characters.
The thing for me is, that, as long as I am working on the text of the
fields, I need to visually see which texts have a reference. the
visual help should not interfere with the textStyles of that field.
That's why I went back to setting the backColor of that part of the
text instead of using a TextStyle for it.
But as I said, the editing becomes harder, as I don't get to see my
selection (the selectionColor is probably behind the backColor). I'd
like to see the backColor of the 'marked' textparts and on top the
selectionColor of the parts that I have selected (best in 50% blend
mode). Would that be possible?

Maybe with a graphic that follows the selection, 'floating' behind
the field and setting the field's blendlevel to 15% for the time of
editing? Although I am sure there is a more elegant way.

Best,

Beat