3D in Revolution Needs Your Help

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Oct 6 00:08:49 EDT 2009

Lynn,

Perhaps it would be worth re-thinking the founders formula based on
how far the product is from release. Hearing that a Mac release only
"compiles" tells me that the product is more like an early alpha at
this point than a beta. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure the work to date
is a considerable feat, but it is hard to consider a cross-platform
product to be at beta stage when there is only an early release on 1
platform. And although your team may in fact deliver a great product
in 2-3 months, I'm sure many software veterans read that as more like
6 months to maturity when a whole platform is still up in the air.

Alpha / beta / gamma nitpicking aside, maybe you could open up the
program more and offer a lower price point for the beta program. What
if you offered something like a $100 coupon for $50, so anyone with
$50 to spare could join and get a discount on the product later? You
might get some more "just curious" parties that way. $300 to me says
you are actually actively planning a 3D project, which quite possibly
nobody here is at this point.

Maybe RunRev would be willing to throw in a $25 coupon for their store
or something?

Just a thought (or two), hope it helps.