set the textStyle to not bold

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Mon Oct 5 08:29:18 EDT 2009

Thanks for all your input. Interesting to get to know some more about
HTML.

But I think  I have to approach what I want from a different angle. I
want to mark some parts of a formatted text and be able to get the
star- and end character positions of these parts of the text. When I
delete or add text, the character  positions of the marked text must
adapt. So when I am done, I have the exact char positions of all the
marked text. The marking should be visible during the adding and
removing of text parts and be thrown away in the end. Now boxed is
clear and does in my case not interfere with other textStyles in the
field. But applying box to a already formatted text is very
unpredictable. Sometimes the f.i. bold part stays bold when applying
box, sometimes it changes to plain. I have been thinking about 'link'
text (which has the advantage of easily linking some info with it.
But the style is like underline, so not usable for me. I think I go
back to setting the backColor of the parts I want to temporaly mark.
I can then check the start- and end char positions easily.
The disadvantage is that you don't see the selection in the parts
with a backColor set.
Anyone an idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks, Beat