Printing rubbish

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:16:21 EST 2009

Further to what I wrote recently;

XPS is supposedly an open format, but it really is
one of those Microsoft 'things' and reading an
XPS document on a Macintosh is dependent on
non-Free software:

Sana Tech:  http://www.sana-tech.com/xps.html

XPS Convert: http://www.pdftron.com/xpsconvert/index.html

NiXPS: http://www.nixps.com/download.html

Okular (KDE) can cope with XPS:

http://okular.kde.org/

[and I intend to 'play' with it as soon as I can
find a spot of free time]

I am aware that RunRev leverages the Operating System's
in-built capabilities as far as PDF/XPS/PS are concerned,
and until RunRev can 'cook' some universal format (such
as PDF) itself there is little chance for it being able to spit
out a universally readable (but not editable) document.