Front Scripts Issue

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 23 15:15:01 EST 2009

Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> This article may be helpful:
>>
>> Extending the Runtime Revolution Message Path:
>> An introduction to using Libraries, FrontScripts, BackScripts and
>> Behaviors in Runtime Revolution's RevTalk Programming Language
>>
>> <http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html>
>
> This has always been a useful article -- thanks for the update and the
> reminder.  Regarding the "send/call/dispatch" portion of your article,
> perhaps it would be useful to note that one can pass along arguments using
> "send" even though you acknowledge that "dispatch" appears to perform a bit
> better.

That's a valuable point, and looking at my schedule it'll be weeks
before I'll have a chance to dive into that again so I made a quick pass
at it just now, adding a brief discussion of the differences in sending
params to send and call vs dispatch.

Suggestions/clarifications/error reports welcome on that. Thanks -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World