Wake up Revolution

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:30:08 EST 2009

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Mark Schonewille wrote:
>
>> Who says that tousand people experience great performance?! I, for
>> one, don't.
>
> I haven't seen your RQCC report on this.  What's the #?
>
> After reading the messages here, in the forum, and other venues, yours
> and Inselfan's posts are the first I've come across during the long
> preview cycle which report that there's something wrong with v4's
> performance.
>
> Now that we have a second data point reflecting similar results we can
> modify the analysis of the problem, but the basic principle remains
> the same:  identify the differences between the working and
> non-working states.
>
>> I am pretty sure that Inselfan did something that should just work
>> in  Revolution without problems and figuring out the source of the
>> problem  is a process that one should not have to go through with a
>> development  environment like Revolution in the first place!
>
> I wholeheartedly agree,

There is a school of thought that RunRev have tried to expand the
capabilities of Revolution rather too
rapidly, without taking care of some 'nuts-and-bolts' glitches that have
been around for some time.

There is a risk, as one runs for the finish line, with one's eye on the
prize, that one doesn't see the
banana skin on the track.