Wake up Revolution

Inselfan baleareninsel at gmx.net
Sun Nov 15 07:17:15 EST 2009

Holá Sarah, holá Bill,

Thanks for offering your high-welcome help.

I'm "testing" RR with the actual version I downloades the night before. I
use W2k and XP-professional.
RAM on W2k 2 GB, on XP 1 GB

Yes, I'm using a existing stack wich works fine under 2.9. The application
has a size of 16 MB

Here is what I for example do:

By pressing a button, which contains:

on mouseUp
  set cursor to watch
  go cd  "Adressliste_Global"
end mouseUp

On this Card:
on preopencard
  set the visible of btn "weckerli" to false
  set the visible of fld "Alarmliste" to false
  lock screen
  put empty into temp1
  put empty into temp2
  put empty into temp3
  put empty into temp4
  put empty into temp5
  put empty into temp6
  put empty into temp7
  put empty into temp8
  put empty into temp9
  put empty into temp10
  put empty into temp11
  put empty into temp12
  put empty into temp13
  put empty into temp14
  put empty into fld "kndnr1"
  put empty into fld "vorname1"
  put empty into fld "suchname1"
  put empty into fld "aktiv1"
  put empty into fld "kategorie1"
  put empty into fld "ort1"
  put empty into fld "burzeltag1"
  put empty into fld "Telefon1"
  put empty into fld "Telefon2"
  put empty into fld "antwort"
  put empty into fld "phone"
  unlock screen
end preopencard

on opencard
  lock screen
  hide img "up1"
  hide img "up2"
  hide img "up3"
  hide img "up4"
  hide img "up5"
  hide img "up6"
  hide img "up7"
  hide img "up8"
  hide img "up9"
  hide img "down1"
  hide img "down2"
  hide img "down3"
  hide img "down4"
  hide img "down5"
  hide img "down6"
  hide img "down7"
  hide img "down8"
  hide img "down9"
  hide grp "Kategorieauswahl"
  put "A - Z" into Index
  put word 1 of fld "v_feld_01" && benutzer into fld "v_feld_01"
  #zettelkasten
  #SetTime
  #Termine_machen
  unlock screen
  focus fld "antwort"
end opencard

all variables are defined by Globals or Locals.
This action takes 18545 millisec!!!, the CPU is on 100% and the computer is
blocked completly.

Yes, if I'm locking messages, it is fast. But what the hell is wrong with
the script above??
Still having the prob with ^T wich also takes until 2 minutes with blocking
the Computer for other work.
Still a long delay to open "Tools" in the menu bar,
nearly impossible to open a CD from Application Browser. I crashed RR after
waiting 15 minutes to open a card

Whatever I do, the cpu goes to 100%, and the delay is out of discussion.

If you use Team-view and are interested to see, where I'm talking
about,please let me know and we'll make an apointment

kind regards

Horst