Wake up Revolution

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Sun Nov 15 11:24:36 EST 2009

Hi Inselfan,

I use the Rev 4.0 GM1(IDE) to run a stack as a 24/7 long running
process without any problem on 4+1 different boxes :

The process consist to produce, one grid after an other, crosswords
games (lexicons + AI outputs the games that are then uploaded to www.woooooooords.com
.

The 4 first boxes are producing the games and the last one is
uploading them.

Producers Boxes :

- Medion laptop Pentium M 1.6 Ghz with 1 Go RAM Win XP Pro
- Acer AspireOne subnotebook Intel N 270 1.6 Ghz with 1 Go RAM Win XP
- Asus eeePC 900 subnotebook Intel Pentium Celeron 0.9 Ghz with 1 Go
RAM - Win XP Home
- Mac Book Pro Core 2 (32 bits) 2 Ghz with 2 Go RAM - Mac OS X 10.5.8

Upload Box ;

PowerBook G4 1Ghz with 1 Go RAM - Mac OS X 10.4.11

Dev. Box :

- Mac Book Pro Core 2 (32 bits) 2 Ghz with 2 Go RAM - Mac OS X 10.5.8

All is working perfectly under all thoses configs.

I use ClamWin 0.95 antivirus on the win boxes.

What i just noticed in switching for Rev 3.5 to Rev 4.0 is that the
script editor seems 20% more reactive under the dev box. Can't say, at
this point, if the engine is realy 20% faster too.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

P. Sahores