Anyone know of a hue sort stack?

planix dr.alistair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 05:00:04 EST 2009

Scott Rossi wrote:

> Perhaps you're overthinking this?  If you create a gradient and divide it
> into 20 slices or whatever number you need, you simply need to number the
> slices from 1 to 20 and evaluate the slice order at runtime.  The RGB
> values
> are essentially unnecessary.  I may be missing something in your
> description, but it seems the app can be built quite simply.

You're right. I don't change the RBG values once they're set. I can then
just assign an 'identity' to each colour patch (probably a button). Randomly
distribute them at test start up and then record which position each one
ends up in.

BTW, I am wondering how I could set the 'true' location. I am thinking of
having a row of button/patches which can be shifted on the horizontal axis
only. Each button will detect when another button is over it and shift over
to make room (a la the java script). But, do I need a hidden grid into which
each patch falls? At score time the patch's number is subtracted from the
grid number to accumulate to a score.

No! More overthinking. Essentially this is an ordered list. doh! I just need
to check whether 1 is in position 1, 2 in postion 2 and so forth. If any
patch is out of position it will be out by it's identified location - the
current position in the list. All can be done with properties of the
patch/button

> (BTW, I got 0 wrong on the Web test -- does this mean I'm sane or on the
> edge?)

You have perfect colour vision. Good indication that your rods and cones are
working as expected as is your occipital lobe. Want to try a memory test
too? :-)

The help this list gives is great. Thanks for listening to the whirring of
my rusty cogs.

AC