sort cards dateTime by field "day" dont works

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 06:45:10 EDT 2009

--- On Mon, 5/11/09, Reinhold Venzl-Schubert <r.venzl-schubert at macbay.de> wrote:

> From: Reinhold Venzl-Schubert <r.venzl-schubert at macbay.de>
> Subject: sort cards dateTime by field "day" dont works
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Date: Monday, May 11, 2009, 3:33 AM
> Hi!
>
> I have a stack "work" with 14 cards. Each has a
> field "day".
> I create a new card with the script:
>
>    create cd
>    put the short system date into fld "day"
>
> Then I want to sort the card by field "day" with
> the script
>
>    sort cds of stack "work" dateTime by fld
> "day"
>
> But I failed. My cards are orderd in this way (content of
> field "day"):
>
> 11.05.09
> 07.05.09
> 21.01.09
> 22.01.09
> 30.01.09
> 01.02.09
> 05.05.09
>
> What is my mistake?
>
> Thanks
> Reinhold

Unfortunately, dateTime assumes en english date, rather than a system date as its sorting source. So, you could have two fields (one hidden, containing the english date; and one for display, containing the system date) and then sort on the hidden field.

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====