Newbie... Strict Compilation mode

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat May 9 14:24:18 EDT 2009

Stephen-

Saturday, May 9, 2009, 11:10:46 AM, you wrote:

> Ok I just created a new stack and put:

> local temp
> put "1234" into temp
> put "1234" into kemp

> And it compiles with no errors. Maybe I missed a checkbox someplace. Is
> "Strict Compilation Mode" in the Script Editor section the only option that
> has to be enabled?

OK - I think I see what you're doing. If I just put that into a script
then I can compile it with or without strict compilation mode. But
then there's nothing to execute. I'm not really clear on what is
getting compiled at that point. I think as far as the compiler is
concerned there's no code to run, so there's nothing to compile.

Try this:

on mouseUp
  local temp

  put "1234" into temp