answer as sheet showing on wrong stack

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat May 9 12:05:51 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> Wouldn't it make even more sense to have a prominent link on the New
> RevOnLine to the Old RevOnLine? And vice versa? But that's too obvious!

Ah I don't think it's that easy.

New RevOnline doesn't run in Rev 3.0 or earlier, so anyone going to
RevOnline in Rev 2.6.1 will get Old RevOnline. Having a link to New
RevOnline is pointless if they don't have Rev 3.5.

The same could be said for those on Rev 3.5 who don't have an older copy,
but for those who do have old copies of Rev, whilst a link in New RevOnline
to Old RevOnline might be workable I don't see how this is going to prevent
wasted time looking for stacks in the wrong RevOnline if the creator doesn't
announce which particular RevOnline they've uploaded to.

To me it's like stating "I've made an OS X app" vs "I've made a Leopard
app". One will have a bunch of Jaguar and Tiger users wasting time trying to
figure out why your app doesn't work. Reminds me of recent thread about
speaking accurately but still being ambiguous.