Newbie question - how to check for a varible

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Fri May 8 02:53:42 EDT 2009

I did search for "empty" in the Online Dictionary. But all I got were
property keywords. I also read the docs on put and answer and saw nothing
about empty.

Anyway know now, thanks.

As for checking for existence of variables.. Just a habit I formed over
years writing dbase and c. "Always check the existence of a variable before
you take any action on it". The compilers of today are more sophisticated so
I'll probably wean my way off it.