App on Linux - really slow... any ideas why?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 6 10:58:58 EDT 2009

Oh dear what a dispiriting thread.  I haven't experienced all this stuff,
though printing is still a mess in parts, and aspects of the IDE are very
irritating.  But in terms of how well it runs on Linux, I've usually found
3.0 and 3.5 to be improvements.  The native file dialog is a great
improvement.  The editor does not any more periodically slow to a crawl for
no apparent reason.

On X, Multiple desktops do not work at all on either Gnome or KDE - which
must reflect something basically wrong with the implementation.  Another
straw that supports the suggestion that the problem is to do with X.

If experienced professional developers using it on multiple platforms report
these sorts of issues, crashes and slowdowns and inability to handle X,
there is a real problem, and Rev needs to get to it.