Re-3: libeay32.dll error with standalone

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Mon Mar 30 07:19:23 EDT 2009

Hi again,

i got a reply from Runrev  concerning my problem with libeay32.dll .

I have to include libeay32.dll in my standalone folder to avoid that the standalone looks in Windows or along the path for that file.

It seems that the standalones generally look for some files at startup in the standalone folder and in the folders defined in the path, regardless they are needed by the standalone or not. Like the libeay32.dll in my case.

In my specific case, my standalone found a version of the libeay32.dll which was especially for 64bit Windows and so the error message came up.
Copying the libeay32.dll from the Revolution folder to my standalone folder solved the problem. Therefore the customer has to download 900kb more, but that is okay for him. But others, who have not such a high bandwith might have problems with that.

The question is, why does the standalone look for DLLs, which are not needed by it?

But most important, i was able to deliver my app in time.

Regards,

Matthias

Original Message        processed by David.InfoCenter