Only supported on some platforms . . .

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:58:48 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Richmond Mathewson <geradamas at yahoo.com>wrote:

> put the supported of "hide taskbar"
>
> yields
>
> 0,0,1,0
>
> My memory is so bad I always code in Rev with both the Dictionary open and
the Message Box open.

If I were in a script and suddenly needed platform information about a
command, it's at least one click (more likely two) to activate the MB and I
have to type a minimum of 22 char before I even get to the keyword I wish to
query.

It takes exactly the same amount of clicks to activate the Dictionary, yet
in your example I only have to type 6 chars; 'hide t' before the entry for
hide taskbar is presented. Not only do I have the platform info, but I have
syntax and any notes that may be relevant.

Again, my memory is so bad, if I went the MB route, I'd probably then have
to enter 'supported' in the Dictionary so I could be reminded what the order
of the output was ;-)

I think the current Dictionary is very good in providing the content - my
only suggestion is that some content needs to be updated and or expanded on,
and I believe the next version of Rev is headed in that direction.